The Learning Center
Mount Nazareth Learning Center Day Care for Infants, Toddlers, and Pre-School, plus Summer Programs.
Inspired by the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, Mount Nazareth Learning Center operates under the belief that each child is a special person. The administration and staff pledge themselves to supporting the total development of each child according to Gospel principles, as well as psychological and intellectual educational philosophies which promote child development.
We are state accredited and are part of the Keystone Stars Program which promotes the improvement of child care enters.
Our creative curriculum uses group activities and play to establish and promote learning and provide opportunities for the social development of children.
Teachers are familiar with developmental standards and are trained in best practices and techniques for interacting with these young children.
Older toddlers do have some periods of structured circle times and work on specific academic themes like colors, counting, shape identification and story time, along with art and music activities. The two year olds also work on the all important developmental area of potty-training!
- Our creative curriculum follows the choice-based center theory of the Pennsylvania Keystone Stars program.
- Each classroom has 7 centers which focus on a basic theme. The children learn by choosing one of these centers and interacting with fellow students and the teacher in that center.
- The children also engage in circle times with themes of language, music, art, math, reading readiness and science.
- Computer learning and the development of gross motor skills are part of the regular curriculum.
Pre-K 3 and 4 students engage in many activities during this developmental time to adequately prepare them for their kindergarten and elementary school years.
Each year the Center conducts an 9 week summer program which includes indoor and outdoor play activities, art activities, guest thematic programs and swimming at Bellevue pool. The program begins in mid-June and runs until the beginning of August. While the program is less academically structured than the academic year, the Center provides a fun and safe environment where old fellow students and some new ones meet and enjoy their summer days. A minimum of two days attendance is required.
The Learning Center: Eligibility
A child entering the Pre-School Program must be either 3 to 4 years old on or before September 1st of the current year. All students must be fully potty trained.
Minimum Attendance Policies
- Infant and Toddler Programs - We accept children from 6 weeks to 36 months old. Minimum attendance is 2 days per week.
- Pre K-3 Program - We accept children who are fully potty- trained for a minimum attendance of 2 mornings per week.
- Pre K-4 Program - We accept children who are fully potty-trained for a minimum attendance of 3 mornings per week.
We accept children for an 9 week program who are potty –trained and from 3-12 ½ yrs old. The deadline for age is the start date of camp.
Mount Nazareth Learning Center is an approved Title XX Center. Eligible families receive funding to subsidize the cost of child care. Call 412-931-9761 x 5180 for more information.
“Interested in enrolling? Call 412-931-9761 x 5200 to set up a tour!”