Nazareth Housing Services announcement of program closing
From 1995 until 2021, Nazareth Housing Services provided services to homeowners including home repair assistance and counseling, pre-purchase counseling and foreclosure prevention counseling. Our program has helped thousands of home owners and home buyers through tens of thousands of hours of counseling, and through financial assistance for home repairs and purchases valued in the millions of dollars.
Due to the increasing difficulty and risks of managing it, this program has been discontinued as of September 30, 2021.
The Community at Holy Family Manor regrets this action because we recognize the continuing housing poverty of many of our neighbors. We continue to pray for these neighbors, and for the governmental agencies, philanthropic organizations and individuals, non-profit agencies, businesses and construction contractors who have supported our work over these 26 years.
We thank all of our supporters, and especially:
· The Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, including Nazareth Family Foundation and City of God Foundation
· The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, acting through our intermediary organization, Mon Valley Initiative.
· Action Housing Inc.
· United Way and the Sustainable Home Improvement Partnership
· PA Housing Finance Agency
· McCauley Ministries
· CentiMark Foundation
· Buncher Foundation
· PNC Bank Foundation
· Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh
· McKees Rocks Focus on Renewal
· Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh and West View Savings Bank
· DSF Charitable Foundation
· Snee Reinhardt Foundation
· Ladies of Bethany
· Raskob Foundation
· Habitat for Humanity
· Forbes Funds
· Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
· Waverly Presbyterian Church
· Mary Bober, and many other individuals and organizations
We pass along this blessing to you all from a client, Pete from Glenshaw:
This letter is to thank you for helping me…. Without your help I wouldn’t have been able to afford this work. God bless all that have a hand in the work of Nazareth Housing Services.